‘Bout time I gave some others a shot. So I’m inviting select guest bloggers to write something for me.
Well I say write, I’m actually more interested in encouraging the minorities – artists, photographers, musicians and designers (et al) … as I consider myself more an all rounder than a writer, per se. So then, Introducing ….
“TEAM CHARISMA WORLD PEOPLE”
WHY ? – My friend, mentor and fellow blogger Jason Cushman, the Opinionated Man gave me a shot, several in fact. His generosity has helped me tremendously in my writing and my blogging, and in making this one of the top blogs on WordPress.com. He also helped open my eyes to the massive opportunity of collaborative projects, for us to be be more than the sum of the individuals, simply by helping each other. So I do this partially in the spirit of helping others in the same way others helped me here on WordPress.com.
I believe we all are talented in our own ways. My journey in life often is about bringing out my own talents, or removing the blockages on talents that should have been. So I created this, my latest event, “Team Charisma World People” in the spirit of bringing out the best in people :
- Team because we’re doing it together,
- Charisma because I believe we all have it whether we think so or not,
- World because we live in a global community these days and my guests are from all over,
- People because that’s just what we are, I could have said poets, writers, artists or whatever, but we’re all people … no need to have an inflated sense of selves from being a person !
I’m hoping it’ll be a lot of fun …
Participants for this round have already been selected. Good luck for the next round, it’s a golden opportunity, and it’s open to anyone, well at least those who possess a little charisma 😀
For the next round – In order for me to accept you as a guest blogger, you will need to put in before I put out … the current criteria is for you to be in the top 5 (maybe 6) commenters in my dashboard. This means leaving relevant comments and participating in my blog, in order to be considered as a guest blogger. “I like it” or “what he said” or similar are good ways to get disqualified. So, look, they do need to be real comments with something relevant and for you to be joining into the spirit of what I’m doing here. Quite simply there is no cheating the system, if you want in then you have to actually authentically participate.
The next round’s participants will be announced when I’m ready to do it, so please only compete for the selection, if you’re *really* interested in taking part … roughly, the next round will be selected after the current round of guests have been published.
OR You’ll need to make a substantial donation to the blog or become a sponsor. Financial input would help to pay for heat, light, electricity, equipment, expenses … not for my lunch, I’ve got that covered – I bake my own bread, and love ramen noodles at $0.19/£0.12 a meal.
I’m still using a iPhone 4s because I don’t have the money to buy the new camera I want, and my computer hardware regularly crashes, because it’s wearing out. If you’re interested in helping us in this way, please let me know you want to contribute – contact me privately as it’s not discrete for either party otherwise. Just leave a comment – “I’d like to discuss sponsorship (or donation) privately with you” and I’ll contact you by email.
No Freeloaders – I’m Too Busy
Jeez, some people think the world owes then a living for nothing don’t they ?
So, for a spot here, which is a VERY RARE OPPORTUNITY – either contribute your time and creativity into making this blog all it can be or throw money at it. Charisma or the folding stuff with pictures of famous people on it.
Something for nothing people can piss off really – when I’m working hard I’ve got no time for freeloaders. Those wanting free promoting whilst being a burden, well, learn to carry your own weight that’s not my job.
I value my time it’s a valuable commodity to me. I don’t waste it on people who’re lazy.
I understand that plenty of you are struggling financially, same as me, so I’m not making this a paid only opportunity. I’m happy to have friends around me or people who want to help further our dreams by making things financially possible. We need both in this life for the wheels to turn, for the earth to keen spinning, therefore both kinds I’m always eternally grateful for 😀
Once In A Lifetime Opportunity To Guest Blog On DonCharisma.org
The format will be for the guest bloggers, “Team Charisma” to create to the best of their abilities the most fantastic creations they possibly can. I want to be be blown away, lost for words or in tears by what you’ve created, not something you copied and pasted from somewhere else or a “reblog”.
I WANT TO SEE CREATIVITY
I WANT TO SEE SPONTANEITY
I WANT TO SEE YOU HAVING FUN
I WANT TO SEE YOU PUSHING YOUR LIMITS
I WANT TO SEE YOU BEING THE BEST YOU POSSIBLY CAN BE
I WANT TO SEE REAL PASSION AND ENTHUSIASM, NOT MEH YAWN “WORK”
Your creation must be done specifically for me, specifically for “Team Charisma” and to the best of your abilities. What impresses me the most is someone having a go and doing their best … I don’t mind smooth, polished, professional – symmetry and fresh clean lines I love … I have an eye for beauty, same as the Hef … but I also do also have a love for the real and the authentic … perhaps I’m not as shallow as the Hef, who knows !
SO YOU’LL BE PRODUCING NEW CONTENT, CREATED ESPECIALLY FOR ME, HAVING TAKEN THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW ME AND WHAT MY BLOG IS ABOUT 😀
IT NEEDS TO BE CONTENT THAT’S CONGRUENT WITH MY BLOG AND WHO I AM.
I choose the format, I choose the title, I choose what you’ll write about (or draw/design/build/produce/photograph/make) … if you’re not a “yes, and” person then don’t bother with being a guest blogger here. I want people who can GRAB an idea, MAKE IT THEIR OWN and ADD to it … not winge’ers who didn’t like the title or subject or whatever … or aren’t enthused by this MASSIVE opportunity I’m offering right here … I’m very impressed with people’s spontaneity and ability to improvise, and do WAY MORE than they were asked 😀 … pessimism, scepticism and negativity generally leave me underimpressed.
I’m not looking for perfect, just that you did your best and enjoyed doing it 😀
The Lineup – My Winners
My first invite goes to Belinda Borradaile of idiotwriting. She “get’s it” and I know she won’t let me down … as for comments she’s probably in my top 3 commenters of all time, leaving 1000s of relevant and thoughtful comments here …
Belinda’s format is Don Vs Belinda, a man and a woman’s collaborative, but slightly different points of view – the topic is “presence” as in conciousness.
My other guest bloggers – TEAM CHARISMA, are as per my top (per 1000) commenters :
1. idiotwriting.wordpress.com (writer / artist)
2. swo8.wordpress.com (musician / writer)
3. asarielsmuse.wordpress.com (writer / art and music lover)
4. fidonfluffy.com (web designer / internet marketer and retailer)
5. zyoshiko.wordpress.com (writer / poet / artist / movie and music lover)
If your name’s on the list please leave a comment on this post with at least “I’m in, I agree to the rules” or if you don’t want to take part then either ignore me or “I’m out”. Either you’re in or you’re out, there’s no maybe, maybe is a no.
I’ll then make contact with you by email, so that we’re in touch.
I WILL LET YOU KNOW YOUR TOPIC, TITLE AND FORMAT IN DUE COURSE (PRIVATELY)
In the case that someone drops out, I will elect a replacement, so don’t worry if you’re nervous of the 37000+ followers and don’t want to do it for that reason – I respect your decision and you’re not letting me down. Do or do not do, it’s the same for me. But do remember I have invited you, because you’ve taken your time to invest in me, so it’s kind-of by way of a thankyou 😀
I would like to say that I do believe that you can do it, otherwise I wouldn’t have invited you !
COLLABORATIVE SEO – I TAKE CARE OF MY OWN.
Timetable is to suit my schedule, whilst doing my best to accommodate my guests. In other words you work around me, not the other way around. If you’re a control freak, then probably best you not participate, simply, I do what I want, when I want. OR it’s not my job to jump through your hoops when I’m helping you.
So posts will be done and posted as and when they are ready. NO SET TIME SCHEDULE. Fixed would be too inflexible for my other commitments.
Please read carefully, as you must agree to all if you wish to participate :
1. Submission and communications privately by email. Written submissions between 500-1500 words unless you give me a shining reason why it’s longer or shorter. Visual or audio submissions shared by whatever’s easiest for both of us – dropbox or whatever.
2a. Written submissions YOU WILL includes a minimum of one photo and a maximum of one photo, which I expect you to tell me where you got it, a link to it’s page and that it’s copyright free or that we have permission to use it. pixabay, wikimedia or morgueFile if you don’t have your own photos, for example. I expect you to check copyright, and our permission to use it, that’s not my job.
2b. Media submissions such as photos, graphic design, music or video will be wholly your own work. You may include samples, portions of stock photos etc, provided you or I are not in breach of permission or copyright of the owner of such samples or portions. Basically don’t rip other people’s work off, and check the copyright status if you want to include in your submission.
3. YOU WILL reblog the post on your own blog shortly after it’s posted on mine, that’s not for debate. I will delete your post if this doesn’t happen.
4. YOU WILL answer *ALL* comments posted on your post, in a timely fashion, unless they are obviously comments for me, in which case I’ll do it. And all with charisma of course.
5. YOU WILL NOT set out to make a political or religious statement, or set out to abuse individuals or groups. This is for fun, our own enjoyment and the voyeurs who read blogs. Be outrageous, but be a little careful on who’s toes you’re treading at the same time. A mouth (or keyboard) detached from a brain is rather dreary to listen to.
NB preaching and people fishing for my allegiance or my loyalty to a cause – probably never going to happen, my loyalty’s not swayed like this, in fact the opposite. I make my own choices for my own reasons.
6. YOU MUST include a short bio of yourself, minimum one line, link to your “about” page. DO NOT include direct links to products, books and services etc. This is because we can’t publish third party commercial links on our blog as it would put us in breach of the WordPress Terms of Service (unless you’re a sponsor, in which case we’d make it clear that you are, and we still wouldn’t link directly to a product or service page) …
For commercial enquiries – contact us over at DonCharisma.com and we’ll let you know pricing for promoting your shit for you 😀
We’re also awesome web developers and designers – we can assist with any project any size any time.
8. YOU AGREE that copyright is assigned to us. We need this as we need to have control over what’s posted on our sites. I won’t publish anything guest wise without it. You will retain permanent indefinite permission to use on your own site(s), publications etc and cite it, as we will, as you being the author/creator/designer etc – eg “by Joan Smith”.
9a. YOU AGREE TO ACT professionally in what you’re doing. For instance – you don’t expect me to clean up your typos and spelling mistakes.
9b. YOU AGREE NOT TO discuss your submission publicly or with other participants until after it has been published.
9c. YOU AGREE THAT – ALL EMAILS, or any other correspondence that could be considered private, between me or any representative of DonCharisma.org or DonCharisma.com and you ARE KEPT PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
10. Rules may vary provided my consent is expressly given. For instance, you may feel that your submission would be enhanced by including three images instead of one, and you provide me with a compelling case for inclusion, and I agree. Basically I’m often flexible, but I don’t suffer fools gladly.
11. MY DECISION IS FINAL in all matters to do with this event and the submissions.
For Bottom Feeders
Don’t be lazy – What I said above 😀
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS EXCEPTED
Comments are invited
Comments are often welcomed, provided you can string a legible, relevant and polite sentence together. In other cases probably best shared with your therapist, or kept to yourself.