Sunset’s are one of mine and Don’s favourite photos to take. They provide endless opportunities to take beautiful photos.
To give you an idea how popular they are, in one month alone, the sunset photos on this blog have pulled in over 4000 likes from 23 posts.
Please make sure you read the rules if you want to take part.
Over here we have a holiday on the first Monday in May, some countries have a holiday on 1st May. The challenge is to take a photo of the sun setting over these next few days and send us your best shot.
For those who haven’t taken sunsets before – the best time to take them is usually around 20 minutes either side of the actual sunset. Do check when it sets in your area. Quite often I get caught eating my dinner when the sun is setting 🙂
We do have bloggers from around the world following us and I would like to create something like 24-hours of sunsets from around the world.
1) Clearly, the photo must be of a sunset. The composition of the rest of the photo is up to your creativity.
2) Keep photoshopping to a minimum please. A little tweaking of colours is fine if needed. This isn’t meant to be an exercise in photoshopping, more to marvel at natures beauty.
3) Photos can be taken on your phone or camera. Whatever is easiest.
4) Please upload the photo to your own blog, add a link to this post, and put a comment on this post to let us know you have completed the challenge.
5) Please remember to include your blog name and link to your post so we can give you full credit.
6) We are likely to get a lot of people on this one, so please only ONE photo per person. We won’t have time to pick your best photo – it’s up to you to send it to us.
7) The deadline for this will be 23:59 Sunday, 4th May (London, UK time).
8) Finally, don’t worry if the photo isn’t that great – it’s the taking part that’s important.
Photos taken Thailand and UK © Don Charisma and dannyboybroderick.