Big shout out to The Modern Theologian for sharing another bread recipe, I know he’s got enough of a sense humour to get my joke about the bread being “holy” 🙂
(Also thanks to Chef Kevin Ashton of “Grumpy Old Men” blog, for the cooking inspiration – he really is one of a kind.)
“Holy” Whole Wheat Bread – Here is a whole wheat bread The Modern Theologian created. Most people don’t really like whole wheat, so bakers tend to use a mixture of 25% whole wheat and 75% “strong” wheat. This, however uses 100% whole wheat :
|LOAF SIZE||2 Pound Loaf|
|Water, 80 deg F (lukewarm)||1 1/2 c|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
|White Whole Wheat Bread Flour||420g (3 3/8 c)|
|Salt||1 1/2 tsp|
|Active Dry Yeast||1 1/2 tsp|
1. Combine the water, molasses, and yeast, set aside to proof for 10 minutes.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
3. Add all of the wet ingredients (including the olive oil) to the dry, and mix until you have a shaggy dough.
4. Let the dough rest, covered, for 20 minutes, then knead till fairly smooth.
5. Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 2 hours, or until it’s nearly doubled in bulk.
6. Gently deflate the dough, shape it into a log, and place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch bread pan.
7. Cover the pan with and allow it to rise for about 1 hour, till it’s crowned about 1 inch over the rim of the pan.
8. Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
9. Tent it lightly with aluminum foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
Note – bread should be baked to an internal temperature of 195F (90C), it’s important for a dense bread like this to be fully baked.
You can find my guides with everything you need to know about bread making here :
And last but not least …
Hope you are safe and stays that way.
*Shameless self-promotion* – Sometimes we work – Our commercial site :
DonCharisma.com – you dream it we built it … because – “anything is possible with Charisma”
ADD Us On Social Media
(We syndicate out to some of these sites, so maybe be easier for you to follow us on these platforms :
Resources & Sources
Unless otherwise stated everything here is (c) DonCharisma.org, all rights are reserved – Please contact us if you want to buy digital assets from this website, we’d be happy to help. Sometimes we use photos from stock sites (or public domain) which are un-watermarked (Watermarked photos are normally our own). Where content is included from elsewhere on the internet (for example news articles, or parts of articles, images or YouTube videos), we have included under fair use, that is for “satire or discussion” (or other fair uses), will cite the source (where known) and that copyright remains with copyright holder. Each and every post on this website has an open comments section, so it’s usually a discussion, but sometimes satire appears in comments, or in the post.
Comments are often welcomed, provided you can string a legible, relevant and polite sentence together. In other cases probably best shared with your therapist, or kept to yourself.