REALLY ? SERIOUSLY ? You wasted both our time by posting a comment on my about page, for that ?
Look I don’t need to know if you unfollowed me, I’m not petty about it, we’re grown ups not kids playing school-yard games. WordPress isn’t a dating site, either !
If you want to unfollow then just do it, I honestly don’t keep track, I don’t keep scores, I bottom line don’t care.
Why ? There are more than 65,000,000 blogs on WordPress, bound to be some others that like me enough to follow me !
MOVING ON … about once a month or so I have a clear out, I do unfollow blogs that are no longer following me, and I do follow back *ALL* bloggers that follow me. All as part of the same process.
The process takes me 3-4 hours, there are one thousand, one hundred and sixty pages of subscribers on my blog, nearly 27,000 followers.
- a request to unfollow you – I will only do now during this process, so you’ll just have to wait. Trust that I will do it, sooner or later. I don’t need to know of your request.
- *I ALWAYS FOLLOW BLOGGERS BACK*, even if it takes me a while, please be patient – it will happen.
You can assist me in this by keeping your gravatar and settings up to date, this is maintained in three places :
https://your-blog-name-here.wordpress.com/wp-admin/index.php?page=my-blogs (set your primary blog correctly)
Keeping your gravatar and settings up to date also has the added benefit that :
- it’s easier for a blogger to visit your blog if you comment on theirs, saves them time, which means it’s more likely to happen
- you get a free backlink to your blog every time you comment on another blog which help’s your SEO
- it’s easier for the blogger who you’ve commented on their blog to see you’re an authentic wordpress user
- for busy bloggers like myself, it helps us maintain our subscribers list and do things like follow you back
- you can give yourself a pat on the back for being neat and tidy
So please I don’t need to know if you’ve unfollowed me.
BUT do please know I do value those that do follow me, the least I can do is to follow you back, so :
I WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW YOU BACK ON WORDPRESS
Resources & Sources
Photos – morgueFile.com
Notes for commenters:
Comments are invited. BUT you are reminded that this is a public blog and you are also reminded to think before you press the “post comment” button.
Good manners are a mark of a charismatic person – so please keep comments civil, non-argumentative, constructive and related, or they will be moderated. If you feel you can’t comply, press the “unfollow” button and/or refrain from commenting.
I read ALL comments but can’t always reply. I will comment if I think there’s something that I can add to what you’ve said. I do delete without notice comments that don’t follow rules above. For persistent offenders I will ignore you permanently and/or report you.
Most decent people already know how to behave respectfully. Thank you for your co-operation on the above.
Warm regards, Don Charisma