Continuing on with my bread making series – I’m baking this one :
Easy French Bread – Lovely, yummy, white bread. Can be used for loaves, rolls, baguettes or I’ve even used for pizza base.
|LOAF SIZE||2 lb Loaf||1 1/2 lb Loaf|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp||1 tbsp|
|Salt||1 1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Sugar||2 tbsp||13 tbsp|
|White bread flour||500g||400g|
|Active Dried yeast||1 1/2 tsp||13 tsp|
Can be cooked without but – I use a breadmaker to take out all of the hard work. Here’s a simplified generalised guide :
- Put wet ingredients into machine
- Put dry ingredients into machine (I draw a line in the flour and put salt on one side, yeast on the other)
- Set to program based on loaf size, type of flour, type of yeast (fast or slow acting)
- Press start, wait however long the program is, enjoy fresh bread.
- Extras like seeds, nuts, garlic or dried fruits, you may need to pause the breadmaker after dough is mixed, and mix these in yourself. Then return dough back into breadmaker and unpause. For cheese it’s recommended to grate the cheese and freeze it first. My breakmaker has an extras tray, but I never use it (it never really worked that well)
- You might also want to remove the stirrer/paddle whilst the dough is out of the machine (so loaf doesn’t have a hole in the bottom). If so you may need to do a manual “punchdown” if the loaf rises too much, in which case just gently poke with your finger and loaf will drop a little.
For more info – you can find my guides with everything you need to know about bread making here :
And last but not least (more satire than serious) …
Hope you are safe and stays that way.
(InSincere thanks to Chef Kevin Ashton of “Grumpy Old Men” blog, for the cooking inspiration, you’re one of a kind)
*Shameless self-promotion* – Sometimes we work – Our commercial site :
DonCharisma.com – you dream it we built it … because – “anything is possible with Charisma”
ADD Us On Social Media
(We syndicate out to some of these sites, so maybe be easier for you to follow us on these platforms :
Resources & Sources
Unless otherwise stated everything here is (c) DonCharisma.org, all rights are reserved – Please contact us if you want to buy digital assets from this website, we’d be happy to help. Sometimes we use photos from stock sites (or public domain) which are un-watermarked (Watermarked photos are normally our own). Where content is included from elsewhere on the internet (for example news articles, or parts of articles, images or YouTube videos), we have included under fair use, that is for “satire or discussion” (or other fair uses), will cite the source (where known) and that copyright remains with copyright holder. Each and every post on this website has an open comments section, so it’s usually a discussion, but sometimes satire appears in comments, or in the post.
Comments are often welcomed, provided you can string a legible, relevant and polite sentence together. In other cases probably best shared with your therapist, or kept to yourself.