In response to the COVID-19 pandemic – Thailand has put into place an emergency decree, the main item of interest is that Thai borders are now closed to *ALL* foreigners, as of midnight tonight, ie 26-Mar-2020 00:01 Thai time.
I’ve highlighted the relevant sentences in bold, and included (in this post) a PDF binder with the original decree in Thai language.
This from khaosodenglish.com :
Thailand Closes Down Border, Tells Elderly Citizens to Stay Home
BANGKOK — The first raft of measures issued under the emergency decree on Wednesday instructed senior citizens and those with vulnerable health conditions to refrain from leaving their homes unless absolutely necessary.
The same order, which will come into effect a minute after midnight, also bars traveling into Thailand through its land, sea, and air border checkpoints, with several exceptions. Facilities like nightclubs, playgrounds, and sports venues in Bangkok metropolis will remain closed down indefinitely.
Violations may be punished by up to two months in prison under the 2005 Royal Decree on Emergency Situations. Offenses not mentioned in the decree may also be punishable by other laws related to public health and safety.
Curfews are not mentioned in the statement, which also absolved security officers from prosecution when carrying out operations ordered by their superiors.
The announcements, which are effective nationwide from tomorrow to April 30 unless stated otherwise, include:
- Provincial governors can ban the public from entering any designated areas
- Venues with high risks of infection in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Prakan, and Samut Sakhon, will remain closed, such as nightclubs, spas, gyms, sports stadiums, and massage parlors.
- Land, sea, and air travels into Thailand will be denied with the exception of goods transportation, diplomatic missions, foreigners who hold work permits in Thailand, Thai citizens with embassy permits and health certificates, and any other journeys exempted by the Prime Minister.
- Hoarding goods related to food, drinking water, and medical supplies will result in arrests and prosecution.
- Large gatherings will be banned.
- News coverage that contains false information or cause panic or affects national security will be censored, and those responsible for the contents punished.
- People under 5 and over 70 will be asked to stay home. They should only journey outside for medical appointments, banking activities, buying their food, contacting the police, carrying out law enforcement orders, among other essential activities.
- Those with preexisting health conditions are also asked to stay indoors.
- Commuting between provinces is discouraged, and those who travel to another province will be required to undergo health checks and give their personal details for a possible quarantine order.
- Shops selling essential goods and services will continue to operate, including banks, factories, markets, supermarkets, financial institutions, gas stations, and online deliveries.
The full text of the announcement is available in Thai here.
Source – Teeranai Charuvastra, News Chief, khaosodenglish.com – March 25, 2020 4:33 pm (Thai time) – Link here
I put the decree (in Thai) in a PDF file, you can download here – 20200325.Thai.Emergency.Decree
Hope you are safe, and stays that way.
Disclaimer – I AM JUST PASSING THIS ON (as fakestream media continues to lie, omit, cover up and spin an extreme minority narrative) – When opinions are stated anywhere on this blog they are just opinions, not facts, truths or endorsements. I am not a journalist or an activist and TBH most of the time not a “serious” writer either, more I enjoy creative writing (blogging is supposed to be fun?). I’m a centrist, I read and view content from both sides of the aisle (as long as it’s not blatant propaganda, or utter trash) – so I’m sharing this for your information, something you may not be aware of and may be interested in (or not, in which case, just go to the next post). As with any news, article, post, writing or report, don’t just take it at face value, do your own research, use your own critical thinking. Kind of obvious really, but best stated, so that it’s clear.
*Shameless self-promotion* – Sometimes we work – Our commercial site :
DonCharisma.com – you dream it we built it … because – “anything is possible with Charisma”
ADD Us On Social Media
(We syndicate out to some of these sites, so maybe be easier for you to follow us on these platforms :
Resources & Sources
Unless otherwise stated everything here is (c) DonCharisma.org, all rights are reserved – Please contact us if you want to buy digital assets from this website, we’d be happy to help. Sometimes we use photos from stock sites which are un-watermarked (Watermarked photos are normally our own). Where content is included from elsewhere on the internet (for example news articles, or parts of articles, or YouTube videos), we have included under fair use, that is for “satire or discussion”, will cite the source and that copyright remains with copyright holder. – each and every post on this website has an open comments section, so it’s usually a discussion.
Comments are often welcomed, provided you can string a legible, relevant and polite sentence together. In other cases probably best shared with your therapist, or kept to yourself.