Today’s prompt – “Compassion”
Earlier today I posted about people who’d like to have some company, friends or just friendly acquaintances – “Lonely” – Don Charisma’s Opinion … No man is an island !
DO – Sit, walk, lay down, whichever is preferable. Imagine if you yourself didn’t have any problems at all, all of life’s woes are gone, and you are happy just as you are. Imagine you’ve become aware of someone who is on their own, but you can’t be with them, only create something for them :
- They’ve just moved to a new city, and yet to make any friends, come home every night to empty apartment. Sitting in their empty apartment, with no one to talk to or be with.
- They are a child who’s parents have abandoned them, they have no other family.
- A man or woman who was abused as a child, and now suffering mental health problems, is frightened of others and stays at home alone 24/7.
- A mother who lives in a rural area at home alone with the children all day, doesn’t get any adult company to shoot the shit with.
- A boy or girl that has a physical deformity, sitting alone during lunchbreak at school, ostracised by the other children, alone amongst many people.
- A man or woman in hospital with a serious illness. The occasional visitor every now and then, but the rest of the time immobile and on their own.
- Or any other person, in any other situation, who might be in need of a friendly face, some kind words or just a chat.
WRITE – What you would say to them, poem, verse, conversation, you choose what style you like best. What would they like to hear ? What would make them feel better ? What would help them feel connected to another person ? What could you do with your words to ease their suffering and help them know they have people that do care about them, and it’s not all loneliness ?
ARTISTS – Use the above process in your art. Explore the feelings that come up. Use them to guide you in creating your art.
FOR INSTANCE – This is what Belinda from Idiotwriting did for yesterday’s prompt “Heart” :
DESIGNERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS – Use your imagination !
MUSICIANS – Definitely use you imagination !
Why ? Empathy is a very powerful tool for understanding oneself and others. It’s also tool to increase one’s social intelligence and emotional intelligence. Alongside that it may mean when we’re called upon to be a support for someone else, we know what to say, because we know what we’d want said to us. Compassionate people know how to use empathy, which is what this prompt is about.
Write about it. Design it. Draw it. Paint it. Photograph it. Compose it. Play it. Whatever it. Publish it. Job Done.
Do it because you want to try something new, learn something, not for a reward. Pingback me and leave a comment with the link to your work.
“Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime”
Resources & Sources
“Fire & Water Heart” – all-free-downloads.com
Notes for commenters:
Comments are invited. BUT you are reminded that this is a public blog and you are also reminded to think before you press the “post comment” button.
Good manners are a mark of a charismatic person – so please keep comments civil, non-argumentative, constructive and related, or they will be moderated. If you feel you can’t comply, press the “unfollow” button and/or refrain from commenting.
I read ALL comments but can’t always reply. I will comment if I think there’s something that I can add to what you’ve said. I do delete without notice comments that don’t follow rules above. For persistent offenders I will ignore you permanently and/or report you.
Most decent people already know how to behave respectfully. Thank you for your co-operation on the above.